LayoutAwarePage

Topics: Visual Studio project template
Feb 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I added a GroupedItems Page to the project and got an error that "The name 'LayoutAwarePage' does not exist in the namespace". Being a newbie to VS 2012 MVVM and Windows 8 I assumed it was some big messy version issue - maybe something to do with some older Surface reference or template...

Knowing from the few XAML WVVM projects I have built that many times simply doing a build cleans up reference issues - but this one wouldn't go away. And in fact when I goggled this problem I found all kinds of posts suggesting that as well as a myriad of other workarounds such as "delete the .suo" (yikes!).

Alas, I found LayoutAwarePage.cs and other required classes (SuspensionManager.cs) sitting there in the Common folder and all I had to do was Add...Existing... FIXED !

Anyhoo, just to pay forward and save any other newbies time....

Great project template. Thx
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Hi Keef.

Our VS template does not contain LayoutAwarePage because we have another more convenient screen orientation mechanisms. See Screen orientations/modes sample code in our documentation.

But you can include LayoutAwarePage.cs to your project if you want. We do not have any limitations here.
Moreover, if you have an old code already you can simply add our NuGet package or source code to your existing project or solution.